IMMEDIATE POSITION – CONTRACTS MANAGER
McArdle Sport Tec Ltd are a leading specialist sports pitch construction company in the UK.
We provide turnkey civil engineering and synthetic surface installations for high-profile clients including Premier League football clubs, National League hockey clubs and Schools of Sporting Excellence; we are on the Football Foundations PlayZone and Artificial Grass Pitch Supplier Framework.
As a result of our continued success in this rapidly growing and exciting market we have an immediate need for the following candidate.
We are looking for a Contracts Manager to primarily lead the delivery of up to 30no. Multi Use Games Areas per year. These projects will all be in the southern regions with the majority inside the M25.
The MUGAS typically are valued up to £250K, with other non PlayZone larger projects up to circa £2M. The scope of works will include groundworks, macadam, fencing, floodlighting, and installation of artificial grass.
Successful candidates will be committed, professional, able to work under own initiative and willing to cover other areas of the UK.
- Be the lead Contracts Manager on the new PlayZone Framework and assist with other larger schemes.
- To ensure the effective management and delivery of multiple contracts
- To ensure Health and Safety and Quality standards are met throughout the contracts
- Carry out site visits to support site managers and ensure contracts are progressing on time and to budget
- Liaising with clients, consultants, contractors and subcontractors to manage expectations
- Ensure all contract administration/procedures are undertaken
- Working closely with the Quantity Surveyor and Accounts Department to agree material, plant and subcontract costs
- Prepare and deliver progress reports for external client meetings
- Be prepared to ‘muck in’ when necessary to ensure contract completion
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- SMSTS. CSCS. Setting Out
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Up to date knowledge of Health and Safety
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programmes; incl. Excel, Word, Outlook, Project
- Previous experience in a Contracts Management role
- Previous sports pitch industry experience
- Generous salary reflecting skills and experience.
- Company car or commercial vehicle
- Private Healthcare and Life Cover (subject to scheme requirements and eligibility)
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
Due to the vast number of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore, only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 14 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more, please apply by emailing Richard Thornton Contracts Director: email@example.com including a copy of your current CV.
McArdle Sport-Tec Ltd are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.